Monday, March 8, 2010

Furry appealing

For a while Alex has been campaigning for a cat. Unfortunately, there are several reasons why it's not a good idea for us to get a cat at the moment. Daddy is allergic, the kids are a bit young, we may move overseas within the cat's lifetime. None of these reasons deter Alex from his campaign.

His latest approach was as follows: "If you get me a cat, it can sleep at the end of my bed, and when I have a nightmare, it will scratch the monsters in my dreams, and I'll give it a pat, and go back to sleep. I'll never call out to you again in the night." Followed by a smile that said 'see? It's win-win.' If only the promise of more sleep weren't my achilles heel. Now what were those sound reasons for not getting a cat again?

4 comments:

  1. Oh that's GOLD! I can't believe a 3-year-old came out with that.

    Good luck with it! Sounds like you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be strong. They'll just both end up in bed with you. Sad but true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I love him !
    He is so smart !
    my teenager & his GF just bought home a tiny kitten and are right now negotiating with the MOTH (man of the house)...using his 3yr old brothers as bait too ...wonder who is going to win ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm sorry, but I am a total sucker for this. My entire family want a pet - except for my husband. So we work on him but to no avail. We did manage (on my b'day last year when I used my "do anything I want for my birthday" card to go to the pound and adopt an 8 year old cat and she was lovely but then she ran away.... Keep working on him or use a birthday :)

    ReplyDelete